Result account at a new year in Economacs 5.1.3. /OSX 10.9.1
  • How do I create the result account from the trading accounts that I need when transferring the result to a new year as an equity account?
  • If you don't have such an account in your chart you can easily create it. There is no *required* 'special' setting for it, but you can optionally select it in "Settings / Company". The account that you select there will be excluded from the expenses when calculating the profit/loss. This means that you will be able to easily view the results of old fiscal years even after transferring the profit to equity.
  • Also, you should upgrade to the latest version of Economacs (5.1.19 or 5.1.20 depending on whether you bought it directly from us or from the Mac App Store, respectively).
  • I have now created a result account, upgraded to 5.1.23 as advised in another discussion in this forum and used the facility "Beregn fra foregående år".
    I have two result accounts: 5900 Overskud/tab - Resultat (Udgift) and 8200 Årets resultant (Skyld).
    In the Balancerapport from 31.01.2013 I see the result of the year under "Resultat" but this result is not to find at any accessible account thus giving me no chance to transfer the profit to equity on 01.01.2014. The "Resultat" is just transferred at the account "Årets resultat" from 2013 to 2014 rendering an incorrect number (accumulating result from both 2013 and 2014) and making "Aktiver" and "Passiver" not break even.
    What is wrong?
  • You need to manually transfer the profit in 2013 from 5900 to 8200, before using "Beregn far foregående år". You need to place this entry in 2013 (preferably the last day).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!